It’s been a while since I posted something on my blog, but it’s good to be back. I’ve really missed it! How have you been since then?
Learn 6 phrases and 3 questions you can use to greet people after a longer period of time. There is an infographic of this post as well.
How can we greet somebody that we have not seen for a longer period of time? What can we say when we return to a place we have not been to for some time?
Here are 6 phrases to say after you have been away for a longer time, or when you see someone again after a longer time.
- It’s great to see you again.
- It’s good to have you back.
- We’ve missed you.
- It’s good to be back.
- It’s been a while.
- Long time no see. (informal)
And here are three questions to ask.
- How have you been?
- What have you been up to?
- How’s life? (informal)
We often combine these two and add some emphasis:
- So good to see you again. How have you been?
- Great to have you back. We’ve really missed you.
- Hey, long time no see. How’s life?
What other expressions do you use to greet someone after a longer absence?
Here is an infographic with these expressions.